CCTV full form and how CCTV camera works| Interesting facts about CCTV | TechKnow World
The full form of CCTV is closed-circuit television, but very few of you will know what exactly closed-circuit television means. In this way, we speak the CCTV camera in the common language. Have you ever seen a CCTV camera somewhere and thought about how it works?
In the current high tech world, everyone is concerned about their security that’s why people use CCTV cameras to ensure their security. So today we will talk about this CCTV in detail about how it works, what are the types of CCTV cameras, and some of CCTV interesting facts.
Also, Read the Pros and cons of optic fiber cable.
What is the full form of CCTV?
CCTV is a full-form closed-circuit television. This is a small system that is used to transmit video signals from CCTV camera to computer monitor or any recording device. CCTV is called closed-circuit television because its signal is limited to its administrator only, no one else can access its signal.
As CCTV is a full-form closed-circuit television, so CCTV cameras are used for more level of security nursing, you must have noticed that every ATM has a CCTV camera. In the same way, people use CCTV cameras to monitor their business or to protect their homes.
How Do CCTV Cameras Work?
CCTV is a wireless security camera whose English full form is a closed-circuit television that helps to record visual live stream with the objective of monitoring certain areas. It doesn’t require any wires and cables so you can easily install it anywhere in your home without the need for technicians or specialists.
The CCTV cameras captured the video image then transmit the video frequency or wireless data to the internet router. The Wi-Fi router that transmits the data live to your mobile data. After capturing video and audio, CCTVs transmit signals to the security camera recorder for documenting the nursing camera’s import moments. CCTV gives you 24/7 reliable recording.
What are the components of CCTV?
1. Two Small Cables
There are two small cable attachments with CCTV cameras, in which one is written + and – which is mainly the power supply cable. The second wire is the video and audio through which the signal is transmitted and reaches your recording device.
In the middle of CCTV, you will see a lens in a black color, whose job is to capture all the activity happening in front of the camera and send it to your device. This is the main part of the CCTV camera.
3. IR LED lights
Small colored IR LED lights are mounted around the lens, which captures the picture to CCTV even in the dark of night. It also has a sensor that automatically adjusts the lens according to the light.
You will also need a monitor to live nursing all the activities happening in front of the CCTV camera. Whether it is a computer monitor, laptop, or any other device is needed.
5. Hard Disk
You will also need a hard-disk or any other storage device, it may be a memory card or your computer device but it is recommended to use a hard drive. A hard drive keeps your all recorded pictures safe and secure.
What are the types of CCTV cameras?
There are many types of CCTV cameras, it is divided into different factors. But most CCTVs are divided in two ways mainly in terms of signal transmission mediums.
Analog CCTV camera IP CCTV camera
We begin with some misconceptions about both Analog and IP CCTV cameras. Both CCTV cameras will allow you to remotely monitor your system on your smartphone, they both record on a hard-drive and they both produce up to 4k 1080p high definition images.
Analog CCTV Camera – Analog CCTV camera is like having an eye connected to your recorder that only provides visuals and hence it is usually connected via a cable and that cable is plugged with a DVR or a digital video recorder. You have to connect with the RJ-45 connector and that would be for your broadband router in order for you to able to watch the camera’s pictures on the mobile phone.
IP CCTV camera – IP CCTV cameras work like a brain and an eye. It uses to send the digital signal pack to the recording box. Ip CCTV cameras have a higher resolution about 30MP or beyond it.
Interesting Facts About CCTV Cameras
- CCTV was first used in Germany in 1942 when a system was installed to observe the launch of V-2 rockets.
- CCTV cameras were first used commercially in 1949 by an American company.
- The CCTV camera was a major contributor to “The Rumble in the Jungle” in 1970. Was a fairly historical event.
- When CCTV systems were not implemented in New York City in 1968, CCTV began to be used heavily in New York to take care of security, and New York began shipping to other countries.
- In recent times, about 400 million CCTVs are used for security nursing.
- A US citizen captures around 200 CCTVs in a day, so you can understand how much CCTV is used.
- About 70% of CCTV cameras include IP cameras, which can be accessed from anywhere on the Internet. This means that the CCTV camera is no longer a “closed-circuit”.
What are the Benefits of CCTV Camera?
- We can use CCTV cameras to stop crime and catch criminals.
- We can all use CCTV cameras outside our homes so that there is no crime in the dark of night.
- CCTV cameras can also be used to maintain traffic rules to punish those who violate traffic rules.
- Now CCTV camera is also used in schools and colleges, which helps to keep children’s discipline.
- According to a report, about 6 criminal cases are solved every day in America.
- CCTV is used in banks, hospitals, and at every sensitive location. CCTV is now playing an important role in our routine.
- With the help of CCTV, you can also keep your eyes on your employees.
Today we learned in this article what is the full form of CCTV and what does closed-circuit television actually mean? At the same time, we also learned how CCTV works and where can we use it? We hope this full article brings you some latest information. If there is any question related to this in your mind, then you can silently comment.