Full form of HVAC | Meaning of HVAC system and how it works | TechKnow World
The full form of HVAC is Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning. HVAC is a group of technologies used to regulate the humidity, temperature, or airflow of a mill room or specific area. HVAC ie Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning is the primary subject of a mechanical engineer.
What is the full form of HVAC? Detailed meaning of HVAC
As we have mentioned earlier, the full form of HVAC is Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, and each letter has its own different meaning. HVAC is mainly based on the principle of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
Also Read: Full form CCTV | How CCTV works
Meaning of H in HVAC
The first letter that comes with HVAC is H and means heating. Whenever the temperature falls below human comfort, a heating system is used to raise the temperature at such a place to the level of human comfort. There are two main reasons for heating i.e. human need and industrial requirement. Many times in industries, heating systems are used according to the product’s requirement.
There are two types of heating in HVAC:
1. Force air heating – The forced air has a heating coil and the air is sent from the top of the coil to heat the air and also heat the entire room.
2. Radiant heating – In this heating, piping is done in the floor or walls and hot water goes out of the pipe from which that hot water heats the wall, which also makes the room hot.
Equipment used for the heating purpose:
- Gas, Electric, Oil Furnace.
- Oil, Gas, Boiler.
- Heat Pump
Applications of Heating in HVAC:
1. Cold countries – Higher levels of heating systems are used in colder countries where temperatures are much lower. Therefore, heating is used for human comfort.
2. Industrial processing – As there is an industry and there is a product being made that needs high temperature to be made, heating is used in such a place.
Meaning of V in HVAC
The second word in HVAC is V and, V means ventilation, mainly ventilation means air exchange. Many times it happens that ventilation of the room is not possible, due to which the humidity and heat in the room increases, lest we need ventilation. Ventilation is very important and in doing so the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere remains adequate.
Ventilation reduces humidity, odor, carbon dioxide, dust, bacteria, and heat. In earlier homes, large windows were provided and ventilation was given full attention. But now we have to build compact buildings and hence we have to believe in mechanical ventilation.
Types of Ventilation:
1 Natural Ventilation – The first houses were built in which natural ventilation was used, giving large windows and doors.
2. Mechanical Ventilation – Nowadays buildings and houses are completely packed, in which natural ventilation is not possible to have, so we have to go with mechanical ventilation using external fans and other types of equipment.
Application of Ventilation
1. Commercial Kitchen – When food is made in the kitchens of large hotels, there is a lot of smoke, so mechanical ventilation is used to remove the smoke and let fresh air in.
2. Car Parkings – Normally, car parking is in the basement, so normal air does not go there. So here you have to install mechanical ventilation.
3. Warehouses – It is also very important to have ventilation in the warehouses because everything is kept compact in the warehouses due to which the natural air does not go there, so we have to use mechanical ventilation.
4. Welding Working – Wherever welding work is done there is a lot of smoke, we have to do ventilation to remove that smoke.
Meaning of AC in HVAC
The last two parts of HVAC are AC, air conditioners. Air conditioners are also used to control the temperature over a specific area. In many countries, there is too much heat and humidity, AC is used to make the temperature human-friendly.
Types of Air Conditioner:
1. Comfort AC – Basically, the comfort air conditioner is designed for humans, which maintains 24 degrees of calcium, filters, and circulates air. We install such AC in homes, banks, ATMs, offices, and cinema houses.
2. Industrial Ac – Such an air conditioner which is installed in factories according to industries needs, in which we do not look at the comfort of humans, we pay attention to the machine kept in it, such AC is called industrial AC. eg data center, server room, and ICU room.
Equipment used for the AC:
- Window AC
- Split AC
- Ductable AC
- Package AC
- Chiller AC
How Does An HVAC System Work?
The three main functions of an HVAC system are interconnected, especially when providing acceptable indoor air quality and thermal comfort. The working process of HVAC consists of the main 9 stages. Those 9 steps are something like air return, filter, exhaust outlets, ducts, electrical elements, outdoor unit, compressor, coils, and blower. All these 9 steps completed HVAC means heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
We learned in this article what the full form of HVAC is, how it works, and also understood the meaning of HVAC in detail. We hope that the information given in the article HVAC Full-Form will prove to be informative for you. If you have any questions related to this, you can ask.