How to speed up computer and laptop performance | Best windows tips and tricks
How to speed up computer and laptop performance | Best computer tips and tricks | TechKnow World
Nowadays every single person uses a laptop or computer and many people are not happy with the performance of their laptop or computer, that is, either their system hangs or works very slowly. Today we are going to talk about some Windows tips and tricks that will speed up the performance of your computer or laptop.
When you take a new system, its performance is very good and as your computer becomes older, its performance gets worse. The biggest reason for your system or laptop to hang or slow is the files and folders in it. Here we will learn about such best settings of Windows, which will boost your system performance.
Here, is some best windows tips and tricks that speed-up your performance.
1. Disable unwanted startup programs
- Press ctrl+alt+delete on your keyboard. You are in task manager now.
- Click on the Startup tab. You can see here those unwanted applications.
NOTE: You just disable the applications you know about. For example, do not disable antivirus or software applications, it can also cause harm to you.
- After disabling it, it restarts your computer, and you’re done.
After disabling all these unwanted applications, there will be less load on RAM and CPU and will boost the performance of your computer.
- Go to the control panel and open it.
- You will see there an option for the system, click on system.
- Now, click on Advanced system settings.
- Below the performance tab, you will get an option of settings again. Click on settings.
- Now, select Adjust for best appearance.
- Click on Apply and Okay.
3. Defragment and optimize drives.
- Click the windows button and search for defragmenting and optimize drives.
- Click and open defragmenting and optimize drives.
- Select C drive and click on the optimize button.
- Now, your device starts optimizing and it takes some to be complete.
It will optimize your c drive and make your overall system faster. This is one of the best windows tips to boost the performance of your system.
- Press Window+R and open run mode.
- Type %temp% and press the enter button.
- Now, it will open your all temporary files so you can select and delete them.
- Again, open run mode.
- Type Temp and press enter.
- Again, delete all temporary files.
- Now open run mode again and type prefetch and press enter.
- Again, delete all unwanted files.
5. Disk Clean up
- Open my computer.
- Right-click on c drive and go to properties.
- Here, you will get an option of disk cleanup below.
- Click on the disk cleanup button.
- Once it completed, click on the Cleanup system files button and you are done.
After implementing all these Windows Tips and Tricks once you restart your computer or laptop, after that, you will realize that there must have been some improvement in speed in your system or laptop.